Today on The Protectors Podcast, Mike and Mark explore the unique challenges and proactive measures taken by the US Postal Inspection Service to safeguard the joyous spirit of Christmas. Postal Inspectors across the country work hard to protect your mail, but with deliveries to more than 100 million addresses, the Inspection Service can't do it alone.
US Postal Inspector and National Public Information Officer Michael Martel joins us today to shed light on the precautions in place to ensure mail and shipping safety during the festive season, and what you can do to make certain your holiday deliveries arrive safe and sound this season. Listen and enjoy as we equip you with practical tips and strategies for protecting yourself against holiday mail scams and shipping fraud so that you can enjoy a worry-free festive season!
United States Postal Service Contact Number: 877-876-2455
United States Postal Inspection Service Website: https://www.uspis.gov/
United States Postal Inspection Service Website Holiday: https://www.uspis.gov/holiday-2023
Safety Tips from Today's Show:
- The United States Postal Service (USPS) WILL NEVER send you a text message unless you have signed up for text alerts with your local postal service.
- The USPS WILL NOT call you about an unclaimed package.
- If you receive a piece of mail claiming to be from the U.S. Postal Service, check the return address to confirm that it is legitimate.
- Pay attention to the language used in emails, text messages, and mail. Something casually written is likely NOT from the U.S. Postal Service.
- Delete all emails and text messages that you believe to be fraudulent. DO NOT click on any links or respond in any way!
IAFCI CONTACT INFO:
IAFCI Website: https://iafci.org/
Advertising Opportunities and Guest Appearance: IAFCIProtectorspodcast@gmail.com