Whether it’s fake booking websites, vacation rental scams, ticket fraud, or gas pump skimming, summer travel scams can quickly turn your dream vacation into a nightmare. That’s why it’s essential to be aware of these scams and take the necessary precautions to protect yourself. Today, Mike and Mark welcome their producer Doug Taylor to the show, where they discuss some of the most common and dangerous types of fraud that occur during the summer months, and what you can do to protect yourself and your family. Today, we've also opened up a forum for some of our Facebook followers who share their top recommendations for staying safe while exploring new destinations this summer.
Whether you're planning a road trip or heading overseas, today's episode of The Protectors has everything you need to know to stay one step ahead of scammers looking to take advantage of your vacation plans. So sit back, relax, and let's dive into the world of Summertime Scams together!
Links mentioned during the show:
The Protectors Travel Tips:
Bureau of Consular Affairs: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html
Gas Pump Skimmer Reference Photos:
Air Travel Safety Tips Recap:
- Keep your belongings in sight at all times.
- Use lockable, hard-case luggage.
- Secure your luggage with a TSA-approved lock.
- Avoid displaying expensive items.
- Don't put valuables in your checked luggage.
- Be wary of distractions and helpful strangers.
- Collect your checked luggage as quickly as possible.
- Consider using a luggage tracking device or service. AIR TAGS
IAFCI CONTACT INFO:
IAFCI Website: https://iafci.org/
Advertising Opportunities and Guest Appearance: IAFCIProtectorspodcast@gmail.com